Free Info Identity Theft

If you must leave your purse 
or wallet in the car @-dog park, store etc
Step 1:   
File a report with your local police or the police in the community where the identity theft took place. If you fail to do so you may not be able to reverse some of the charges etc later that the theft occurred.

Step 2:
Report Identity Theft of your Social Security Card  Click Here More Info
Step 3: 
 Place a fraud alert on your credit file by contacting the three credit rating companies:
Step 4:   
File a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission online or by calling them at 1-877-438-4338 (TTY 1-866-653-4261).

Step 5:  
Review your credit report for inquiries from companies you have not contacted; accounts you did not open; and debts on your accounts that you cannot explain. Close any accounts you know, or believe, have been tampered with or opened fraudulently.

Step 6:  It is a great idea to copy front & back of your wallet contents credit cards etc keep them in a safe place. You can call immediately & to report your items stolen if this ever happens to you.